This workshop can be delivered online or in-person.
Everyone’s mental health experience is a strength – not a weakness – in their life story.
You have a basic understanding of mental health from your professional or personal experiences. Now you want to learn how to take a strengths-based approach to cultivating a mentally healthy environment where you live, volunteer, work, or play.
By end of this session, you will be able to:
- Describe the elements of – and challenge
misconceptions about – mental health and
- Discover tools to identify individuals in distress.
- Craft your own narrative of resilience in your wellness journey.
- Take a strengths-based, anti-oppressive approach to examining the mental health-related attitudes and experiences of individuals who identify with marginalized sociodemographic groups.
- Use the notice-listen-connect method to support individuals struggling with their mental health.
- Initiate a strengths-based dialogue about accessing and evaluating mental health resources appropriate for the individual.
Meet Your Facilitators